Save or Suck /Die in Dungeons and Dragons
Episode 66 Tuesday December 14,2021
With special guest co-hosts OG GM and Bruce Lombardo of Dix Division
Call ins & Emails from the Outlands
Call-ins & emails: Email from Web Warrior. To be addressed with Randy
1. Nu-TSR is at it again and then they are not:https://techraptor.net/tabletop/news/tsr-crowdfunds-campaign-to-stop-wizards-of-coast and then https://www.tenkarstavern.com/2021/12/bews-tsr-voluntarily-dismisses-legal.html
2. WOTC erases its own lore: https://twitter.com/alienropeburn/status/1470586389821542401?s=21
Main Topic: Save or Suck
1. What are these things called “save or suck”?
2. DnD editions had plenty of these until 3.5, 4e (and Pathfinder to a lesser extent) & 5e.
a.) Gradual effects
b.) Maybe lots of damage
c.) Hit Point Threshold
4. How bad do they suck or do they just force other interesting challenges/choices?
5. Do the “save or suck” spells imply a certain style of game vs the others? If so, what are the main differences?
Shameless Plug Time:
If you would like to support our show, please visit the many places you can find us on the inter-webs:
Website: www.biggusgeekuspodcast.com click on support for ways to give us your money
MeWe: www.mewe.com/i/biggusgeekuspodcast (new!)
Share this show with your friends and let us know if there is another way that you listen or watch that we could support better.
Please Subscribe, Like, share and rate us in all the places that you find us.
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/biggusgeekus/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/biggusgeekus/support