Making High Level Play Playable (updated)
Episode 29 Wednesday March 24, 2021
The Positive Material Plane “Something positive about TTRPGs that we have learned over the years” We get to be heroes!
Making High level Play Playable (in D & D)
1. What are the issues?
2. Why this topic? OSR friends, recent discussions on Tenkar’s Iron Rations
3. Making the campaign open to higher level play at the start.
4. Skip the temptation to make it Monty Haul.
5. Managing player expectations. Defining/Clarifying PC goals.
6. Respect, expect, and encourage the use of your PCs awesome abilities!
7. Taking breaks: You can’t save the universe every other month nor can you defeat Smaug once each summer.
8. De Planes De Planes!!!
Class/Level vs Point-Buy System is the Wrong Argument
A package of “benefits” vs You want a granular advancement without a path.
A Cabin Con Moment
High level at Cabin con. What are the moments? Was Elysium high level?
Beat This Game (in the ground)
3rd edition Dungeons and Dragons (not 3.5 nor 3.x nor Pathfinder)
Shameless Plug Time
If you would like to support our show, please check out our website at: www.biggusgeekuspodcast.com/support
Any contribution is much appreciated, and we thank you for your consideration.
Please share the podcast with your friends. Its available most places you can get your podcasts. If you have an app that’s unsupported, let us know!
Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org feel free to send any questions or comments to us.
We would also like to encourage you to check out a few podcasts that we like:
Red Dice Diaries (with John Alan Large and his wife Hannah)
Radio Grognard (with Glen Halstrom)
The Tale of the Manticore (a unique dramatized quasi-actual play)
Tavern Chat (with Eric Tenkar)
Nerd’s RPG Variety Cast (Jason)
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/biggusgeekus/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/biggusgeekus/support