Magic systems and Making Magic Magical
Episode 10: Magic systems and Making Magic Magical
This is Episode 10 and the date is Thursday November 12, 2020.
We had a special guest to our podcast, our good friend, fellow CabinCon attendee, and CEO of Pointy Hat Games: Patrick Demo!
Pointy Hat Games can be found here.
After our usual intro and recent gaming catch-up, Joe waxed poetic about HackMaster!
The Gaming NEWS:
1) Beginner Box for PF2
2) RPG Dice Accessories Folding Tower
3) Starfinder Bundle of Holding
4) The Terminator Quick Start Rules out next month
5) Wizkid announces 2-D miniatures for 5E
6) Black Friday DnD 5e Gift Set reduced 25%
7) Wrath of the Immortals free to download from Drivethrurpg
8) Goodman Games Castle Amber reincarnated
9) Aliens Destroyer of Worlds HC
10) Starfall: DnD 5e adventure
11) Alternity by sasquatch Games
12) Heroes of the Cypher System
The Main Topic
Part 1: Magic Systems: How we Grade Them (Good/bad/Ugly)
Various Types for of magic systems for RPGs were discussed with Vancian getting the lowest grade and Hybrid with spell points being the most popular.
Part II. Making Magic Magical
How does the setting evoke a magical feel. We discussed some ways rules can help and well as evocative descriptions.
A Cabin Con Moment
We ruminated about size and how the last one was better that some previous cons.
Building A Better Gaming World
How magic interacts with the world is vital. We discuss what we would like if we had our druthers…
1.) Please like, share and/or review our podcast on Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Sticher, etc.
2.) If you’d like to support out show then please check out our website www.biggusgeekuspodcast.com/support where we have various ways for you to help keep the podcast going. Any support is appreciated and we thank you for your consideration.
3.) Questions can be sent to: email@example.com
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/biggusgeekus/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/biggusgeekus/support